On January 4th and 5th,
Leading the study tour are Professors Richard Vietor, Course Head of Business, Government and the International Economy and Director of the HBS Asia Pacific Research Center, David Collis from the Strategy Unit and William Kirby, Director of the Fairbank Center for East Asian Research and Geisinger Professor of History in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Following their experience at Tsinghua University, HBS students will also travel to Hangzhou, Shanghai, Sanya, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong and visit companies, attend panel presentations, and have case discussions.
The majority of the discussions and lectures took place in the the modern Shunde building which is part of the Tsinghua School of Economics and Management. Tsinghua International MBAs participated in a number of activities with HBS students including:
- "China and the WTO: What Price Membership?: Case taught at Tsinghua University by
the author, HBS Professor Richard Vietor.
- Presentation by Lenovo
- Network Lunch and a Tour of the Tsinghua Science Park.
- Lecture by World Bank China, Dr. Bert Hofman, regarding China's economic growth and problems.
- Emerging Opportunities & Entrepreneurship in the IT Industry of
- Lecture for HBS and Tsinghua MBA students by HBS Professor William C. Kirby
About the HBS China Immersion Experience at Tsinghua University
This is the inaugural year of the China Immersion. For more information on this program and its connections with Tsinghua University, please click here.